Forensic Psychologist In Los Angeles CA
I am Jane Beresford, Psy.D., a licensed psychologist in Los Angeles, specializing in psychological assessment (psychological testing), forensic evaluation, and psychotherapy for young children, adolescents, and adults.
My office is located in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, and easily accessible from the 101 and 405 freeways.
My goal as a psychological and forensic examiner is to identify the specific questions to be answered for an individual, administer comprehensive batteries of tests in order to answer those questions, and provide a written report documenting the examination process, its results, and any pertinent recommendations. As a clinical psychologist who offers psychotherapy, I work to create a supportive and respectful relationship in which an individual or couple will feel safe enough to begin a journey of guided discovery.
How We Work Toward a Solution
While on this journey, we typically identify both healthy and maladaptive patterns of thought and behavior, develop goals for treatment, acquire and practice the strategies to achieve these goals, and move in the direction of greater self-awareness, personal growth, and well-being. On occasion, alternate paths for treatment may be determined, but regardless of the therapeutic modality, we are likely to work toward:
- Understanding what drives you, your goals, and your values
- Evaluating your strengths and areas needing improvement
- Increasing your awareness of your impact on others
- Refining listening and communication skills
- Setting appropriate boundaries
- Enhancing relationship skills
- Acquiring coping skills to deal with stressors
- Facing difficult transitions with clarity and grace
- Improving problem-solving skills
- Enriching self-esteem and confidence
What Prompted You to Find Me?
You may be seeking extra support and guidance through a challenging situation, transition, or medical concern. You or your child may be struggling with difficulties at school or work. Perhaps you or a family member are faced with a legal issue, and your attorney has suggested that a forensic evaluation would be helpful. Whatever you are facing, I look forward to working with you and your family to achieve your goals.
Diagnostic and treatment areas include:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Chemical dependency and substance abuse
- Depression and mood disorders
- Family and parent-child conflict
- Learning difficulties
- Life transitions
- Marital concerns
- Medical issues
- Pre-surgical evaluations (including Bariatric, Cosmetic, and Gastric Bypass surgeries)
- Pre-treatment evaluations for infertility
- Psychological evaluations for egg donation
- Relationship issues
- School placement decisions
- Special Accommodations testing
- Stress management